TVS has updated its best-selling scooter, the 110cc Jupiter, with a few additional updates and features. These changes in the new TVS Jupiter are based on the top-spec variant of the scooter, the ZX, and are available in a new top-spec variant called ZX SmartXonnect. Following are the new inclusions and changes introduced in the new TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect:
- A new full-digital instrument console – The TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect gets a fully-digital instrument console, which is different from the part-digital unit of the standard ZX variant. With this, the TVS Jupiter becomes the first-ever 110cc scooter to get a fully-digital instrument console.
- SmartXonnect Bluetooth compatibility – The new fully-digital instrument console introduced in this new TVS Jupiter variant features TVS’ SmartXonnect Bluetooth compatibility. Apart from notifying the rider about the incoming SMS and call alerts, this feature also includes navigation and voice assist. Through Bluetooth, one can pair the scooter with the TVS Connect Mobile App available for both Android and iOS compatible smartphones.
- Voice Assist – The TVS Jupiter SmartXonnect becomes the first scooter in India to get the Bluetooth-operated voice assist feature. Customers can use the voice assist using voice commands by pairing the scooter with the TVS SmartXonnect app via a connected device like a Bluetooth-compatible helmet or wired or Bluetooth headphones.
- New colour options – The new TVS Jupiter ZX with this new SmartXonnect Bluetooth feature is being offered in two new colour options, Matte Black and Copper Bronze.
- New seat with backrest – The TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect comes with a new dual-tone single-piece long seat, which is assisted with a rear backrest. Previously, only the Grande variant of the Jupiter used to get a backrest.
- New inner panels – The TVS Jupiter SmartXonnect gets refreshing looking silver oak inner panels, which add to the visual differentiation from the rest of the lineup of the scooter.
- Price – The new TVS Jupiter ZX is priced at Rs 80,973, which makes it almost Rs 3,000 more expensive than the standard ZX variant and almost Rs 14,000 more expensive than the base variant of the scooter.
What all traits have been retained in the TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect?
Apart from these additional features and visual changes, the new TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect retains other features from the standard ZX variant, such as chrome-finished rearview mirrors, LED headlamp and tail lamp, external fuel filler, engine kill switch, 12-inch black alloy wheels, front disc brake, 21-litre under-seat storage compartment with LED light, 2-litre front glovebox with mobile charging point and multi-functional ignition keyhole.
Powering the TVS Jupiter ZX SmartXonnect is the same four-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled, 110cc engine, which produces 7.7 bhp @ 7,500 rpm of maximum power output and 8.8 Nm of maximum torque output. The scooter gets telescopic forks at the front and a single hydraulic coil spring at the rear for suspension, with 90/90-12 tubeless tyres at both ends.