Morris Garages India recently has launched their first SUV MG Hector for Indian market. The impressive and stylish car is carefully priced between INR 12.18 Lakhs to INR 16.88 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi). This would be India’s first internet-enabled SUV which will loggerheads with the likes of Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV500.
As per Rajeev Chaba, MG Motor India President, they are encouraged by the response they are getting for the vehicle so far. He further said that the company has already received over 10,000 bookings since 04 June, 2019.
MG Hector will be powered by a 1.5 litre turbocharged petrol engine. The engine will create 143PS and 250Nm of peak torque and is being offered with 6-speed manual gearbox which has an option for a 6-speed Double Clutch Transmission too.
This premium SUV also comes with a 2.0 litre turbocharged diesel powertrain that churns out 170PS and 350Nm of peak torque. The customers will get only 6-speed manual transmission. Another version on offer is the fuel efficient 48V Hybrid, which also comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Customers have options to choose from different colour variants: Coloured Glaze Red, Aurora Silver, Starry Black, Burgundy Red and Candy White. The SUV has been given a premium look that comes with front grille with surrounding chrome accent, LED fog lamps and split LED headlamps. You can also get LED fog lamps and LED tail lamps at the rear of the SUV. The SUV also comes with shark fin antenna, dual-tone machined alloys, heated ORVM and floating light turn indicators.
The space inside of this car is ample as both rows have generous room with the second row getting recliners. The car boasts large 587 litre boot space too, keeping the needs of Indian families in mind. There is also a 10.4-inch HD touchscreen AVN system, powered tailgate opening, 7-inch coloured MID, dual pane panoramic sunroof and 4-way power adjustable co-driver seat with 8 colours ambient lightning. MG Hector’s iSMART connectivity technology will have more than 50 features.
Other than the earlier mentioned features, MG Hector also has:
- The front and tail are inspired by the F35’s large air intake that creates a full sense of power in the car.
- Over the air updates that allow new software and entertainment content updated.
- Remote vehicle control which allows you to take control remotely of ACs, sunroof, door lock and unlock with the mobile app.
- Online navigation with live traffic updates for smoother and faster drive in metropolitans.
- Self-initiated emergency call that sends message and location to 24*7 Pulse Hub, in case airbags are deployed. The Pulse Hub, then calls for the car and owner for assistance.
- Geo-fencing that enables the owner to get instant alerts if the car leaves the safe perimeter set by an owner.
- Find my car app that allows you to find your vehicle’s location as well as the shortest route to reach it.
|Engine||1.5L Turbocharged Intercooled with Belt Starter Generator||1.5L Turbocharged Intercooled||2.0L Turbocharged Diesel|
|Engine Power (cc)||1451||1451||1956|
|Max Power (PS@RPM)||143 @ 5000||143 @ 5000||170 @ 3750|
|Max Torque (Nm @RPM)||250 @ 1600-3600||250 @ 1600-3600||350 @1750-2500|
|Transmission||6MT||6 MT, DCT||6MT|
|Mileage (Km/l)||15.81||14.16 (MT), 13.96 (DCT)||17.41|
|Fuel Tank||60 Litres||60 Litres||60 Litres|
According to the company, it already has over 120 centres across the country, and this number is going to surpass 250 by September 2019. MG Hector will prove a perfect companion for you. So, if you are looking to own this magnificent car, one thing is assured that you will get a great service across India.