Only 1970 models of Fifty Limited Edition will be produced globally.
Land Rover has launched a limited edition of its Range Rover to mark 50 years of its existence. The number of models available also signifies its birth year – 1970. The price of the Range Rover Fifty Edition has not been announced yet. The luxury SUV is in its fourth generation now; in due course of time, it has added other sub-models such as Range Rover Evoque, Sport and Velar.
Based on the Autobiography trim, the Range Rover Fifty features an array of bespoke exterior accents in Auric Atlas as well as 22-inch wheels. It features ‘Fifty’ script personally drafted by the Chief Creative Officer at Land Rover, Prof Gerry McGovern OBE.
The Fifty edition will be available in standard as well as long-wheelbase versions. It gets four colour options – Carpathian Grey, Rosello Red, Aruba, and Santorini Black. Among the limited edition too, there will be few units which will feature one of the solid colours of the original colour palette – Tuscan Blue, Bahama Gold and Davos White.
In terms of powertrain options, the Range Rover Fifty will be offered with petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid P400e options.
Land Rover Range Rover Quick Facts
In the past half a century, the Land Rover Range Rover nameplate has achieved many feet. Here are some quick facts about the brawny SUV.
- It was the first SUV to feature a permanent 4WD system at the time of its launch.
- In 1989, it became the first 4×4 to be equipped with ABS (Anti-lock braking system).
- The industry-first continued in 1992 as well when it was fitted with Electronic Traction Control (ETC) and automatic electronic air suspension.
- In 2012, Range Rover became the first SUV in the world to feature a full-aluminium construction.
- It was able to cross the challenging ‘Darien Gap’.
- The Range Rover became the first-ever vehicle to be displayed at the Louvre Museum in Paris.
- It won the Paris-Dakar rally, twice.
Undoubtedly, the Range Rover nameplate has been synonymous with luxury, comfort and all-terrain performance. It has been able to register its name in the list of iconic vehicles in the history of automotive.