Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI is launched at the price of Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India). It gets a new BS6 1.0 litre TSI turbo-petrol engine.
Skoda Auto has launched its three fabulous cars in the Indian car market with the much-calibrating BS6 compliant engines. These newly launched cars are Skoda Karoq, Skoda Superb facelift and Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI. Three of these cars target different segments respectively — premium SUV, premium sedan and mid-sized sedan. The Karoq SUV is a fresh introduction in the Indian car market and the company has introduced it with many noteworthy features and capabilities. The other two cars, the Superb and the Rapid are been reintroduced with the BS6 compliant engines.
Let’s go over the details of these three Skoda cars and get an insight about their prices and capabilities.
Skoda Karoq is launched in India in a single variant i.e. 1.5 litre AT. This SUV also caught the media attention at the 2020 Auto Expo, earlier this year. The car makes its way in India through CBU and competes with other premium SUVs like Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass and Volkswagen T-Roc.
- Skoda Karoq PriceThe Karoq SUV is available in a single trim offered at an introductory price of Rs 24.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
- Skoda Karoq SUV SpecificationsUnder the hood, the Skoda Karoq SUV comes powered by a 1.5 litre turbo-petrol engine borrowed from Volkswagen. The engine is capable of producing maximum power of 150hp and maximum torque of 250 Nm. It is linked to a seven speed DSG automatic transmission. Moreover, it can take a sprint of 0-100 kmph in just 9 seconds and can clock the top-speed of 202 kmph.
- Skoda Karoq FeaturesThis all-new Skoda Karoq SUV comes loaded with many fabulous features like LED headlights, panoramic sunroof, 17-inches alloy wheels, virtual cockpit digital instrument cluster, 8.0 inches touchscreen infotainment, dual-zone climate control and more. Safety comes at its best with Skoda Karoq SUV. It gets safety features like front & rear parking sensors, rear parking camera, ABS with EBD & Brake Assist, 9 airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Assist, etc.
Skoda Superb Facelift
The revamped Skoda Superb comes gets tweaked design and many new notable features to delight the saloon lovers. The new BS6 compliant 2.0 litre engine is worth applauding for its performance and efficiency. This facelifted Superb will compete with Toyota Camry Hybrid in the Indian car market.
- Skoda Superb Facelift Price
Skoda Superb facelift is available in two exciting trims — Sportline and Laurin & Klement (L&K). The Sportline trim is available at the price tag of Rs 29.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India), whereas the Laurin & Klement trim is tagged at Rs 32.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
- Skoda Superb Facelift Specifications
The Skoda Superb facelift gets a big change under the hood. The former 1.8 litre TSI engine is now replaced by the new 2.0 litre TSI turbo-petrol engine. This 2.0 litre engine is capable of churning maximum power of 190hp and peak torque of 320Nm. This engine is paired with a seven speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The new engine proves its capabilities on the performance front very well. This SUV reaches 0-100 kmph in just 7.7 seconds and has a top-speed of 239 kmph.
- Skoda Superb Facelift Features
The facelifted Skoda Superb gets an all-new front grille, revised bumper, a new set of LED headlights and stylish new alloy wheels. Moreover, it also gets some exceptional features like wireless phone charging, new 8.0 inches infotainment system, power & ventilated front seats, 11-speaker Canton audio system, front & rear parking sensors, 3-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, hands-free parking and more.
Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI
Skoda Rapid 2020 brings a new surprise with its 1.0 litre capacity engine, replacing the former high cubic capacity ones. There is no diesel on offer in the BS6 compliant Rapid sedan. The design and the interior of the 2020 Rapid remains somewhat similar to the forerunner, however some additional features are added. The new Rapid will rival Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Toyota Yaris in the Indian subcontinent.
- Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Price
Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI aka BS6 Skoda Rapid is now available only with petrol engine but comes in 5 variants — Rider, Ambition, Onyx, Style and Monte Carlo. The price of Rapid 2020 starts at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and goes up to Rs 11.79 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
- Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Specifications
The previous 1.5 litre diesel and 1.6 litre petrol engines are not a part of Skoda Rapid anymore. The 2020 Skoda Rapid now comes powered by a new BS6 compliant 1.0 litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 110hp of peak power and 175 Nm of peak torque. Presently, this car is available only in 6-speed manual transmission but a 6-speed automatic transmission is expected to be introduced soon in the market.
- Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Features
This new Rapid gets features like new alloy wheels, boot lip spoiler, 4 airbags, ABS with EBD, auto headlamps and wipers, rear camera, climate control, auto dimming inside mirror, rear AC vents, new 8.0 inches touchscreen infotainment that supports Android Auto / Apple CarPlay and Mirrorlink and many others.