Indian Chief Lineup of Cruisers Officially Launched in India, Prices Start at Rs. 20.75 Lakh
Indian Motorcycles has brought in the three new motorcycles under the Chief lineup of cruisers. These three motorcycles in Indian Chief lineup are positioned between the Scout lineup of entry level cruisers and more premium Vintage series of cruisers.
2021 Indian Chief Lineup – Pricing and Variants
The three new motorcycles are mainly Indian Chief Dark Horse, Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse and Indian Super Chief Limited.
The Indian Chief Dark Horse is the most affordable of them all, with a price range of Rs. 20.75-20.86 lakh, while at Rs. 22.82-22.84 lakh, the Indian Chief Super Limited is the most expensive. The Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse sits between both of them with prices ranging between Rs. 21.40-21.44 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, India).
2021 Indian Chief Lineup – Design and Equipment Details
- Indian Chief Dark Horse – This is the most affordable and simplest looking model of the three, which gets drag handlebars, chopped style front and rear fenders, LED lamps all around, 19-inch alloy wheels and solo bobber seat. It is available in Black Smoke, Stealth Grey and Alumina Jade Smoke paint schemes.
- Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse – This version retains the overall blacked out design of the Chief Dark Horse, but gets a few different looking styling bits. These include upswept handlebar, spoke wheels and fatter Bobber tyres. The fuel tank here gets the coveted Indian headdress logo. This version is being offered with Black Smoke, Titanium Smoke and Sagebrush Smoke paint options.
- Indian Super Chief Limited – This is the most touring friendly version out of the three, with it getting additional bits like wide cruiser handlebars, spoke wheels with fatter Bobber tyres, touring friendly rider and pillion seats, side saddlebags, floorboards and an adjustable transparent windscreen at the front. The blacked out theme of engine, rear view mirrors and exhaust pipes is also replaced by a shinier looking chrome finish. The fuel tank too comes with a chrome-finished Indian logo. The color options for this variant are Black Metallic, Blue Slate Metallic and Maroon Metallic.
The standard features in all these three variants are dual channel ABS, three ride modes (Tour, Standard and Sport), keyless ignition, USB charging port, 300mm disc brakes at both the ends, 4-inch rounded touchscreen instrument console with in-built navigation and Bluetooth connectivity, cruise control, throttle-by-wire and cylinder deactivation.
2021 Indian Chief Lineup – Powertrain
All the three versions of Indian Chief launched in India are powered by the same ‘Thunderstroke 116’ series engine, which is present in the other Indian motorcycles like Vintage, Springfield, Chieftain and Roadmaster. Coupled to a 6-speed gearbox, this 1890cc V-twin engine makes a torque output of 162 Nm.
2021 Indian Chief Lineup – Availability
All of these three motorcycles are brought to India via the CBU route, and can be purchased from any one of the authorized dealerships of Indian motorcycles across the country. Currently, Indian motorcycles has its presence in Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Cochin, Chandigarh and Ahmedabad.
- Yamaha MT-15 Moto GP Edition Introduced in India at Rs. 1,47,900
- Ducati XDiavel Reintroduced in India in Two Variants, Prices Start at Rs. 18 Lakh
- 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 Launched at Rs. 6.59 Lakh, Has New Color Options and Features on Offer
- Benelli 502C Launched at Rs. 4.98 Lakh, First-ever Cruiser Motorcycle From The Italian Marque